looking for a rare tune (1998) from a Nottingham MC

Non specific Hip Hop chat and off-topic discussions...

Re: looking for a rare tune (1998) from a Nottingham MC

Postby djricochet » Sun Jan 10, 2016 3:32 pm

godtua wrote:
djricochet wrote:you're prolly nt on here nemore but jus discovered it was legend aka kamakazi dat released his debut 12 in 98, heres d discogs link which has a youtube vid:

http://www.discogs.com/Legend-AKA-Kama- ... ase/857220

Easy, wow..been that long since my original inquiry..

this is the artist i was looking for, and the song i was looking specifically had the words "a talented thug" but it is not on this Vynl EP despite a track that is called a talented thug.
i heard this track on kiss fm back in the late 90's..it had a nice sample, RNB..
It's bugging me even more now.

is there like a track listing from kama kazi?

Wow don't think i've ever got a reply on a forum 6 years later! :shock: How do u know it's not on this EP, hav u got it or jus listened 2 all the trax on youtube? As u can see from his discogs he just seems to have the 2 releases with the 2nd bein frm 2004. U still got the tape 2 rip & upload?
djricochet
Dawg

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby godtua » Tue Jan 12, 2016 3:48 pm

djricochet wrote:
godtua wrote:
djricochet wrote:you're prolly nt on here nemore but jus discovered it was legend aka kamakazi dat released his debut 12 in 98, heres d discogs link which has a youtube vid:

this is the artist i was looking for, and the song i was looking specifically had the words "a talented thug" but it is not on this Vynl EP despite a track that is called a talented thug.
i heard this track on kiss fm back in the late 90's..it had a nice sample, RNB..

Wow don't think i've ever got a reply on a forum 6 years later! :shock: How do u know it's not on this EP, hav u got it or jus listened 2 all the trax on youtube? As u can see from his discogs he just seems to have the 2 releases with the 2nd bein frm 2004. U still got the tape 2 rip & upload?

easy my man, thanks for the reply and damn been ages, time has flew..
i did listen to the entire EP via youtube, it's bugging me that the track i am requesting wasn't on it!
I have maybe 1 verse of the said track and will try my best to get it uploaded ASAP so you can ID it.

PEACE
godtua

Postby godtua » Thu Jan 14, 2016 5:11 pm

djricochet wrote:
godtua wrote:

excused the poor recording..
i hope you can work it out>?>

http://www.megafileupload.com/a4u8/kama.wav

hit me up on..

elshowgun@hotmail.com
godtua

Postby djricochet » Sat Jan 16, 2016 2:12 pm

godtua wrote:excuse the poor recording..

hit me up on..

elshowgun@hotmail.com

Ha ha that is a terrible recording, dunno wot the tracks called but it sounds gud. Sounds like it could be called Treacherous Path from the chorus. Do u know what kiss show u recorded it off? Probably it was supposed to be the follow up release to the EP that was released in '98 or it was a track off a forthcoming album that was never completed or released. If u know whos show it was on it might be possible to get a tracklisting for the show as i know theres guys on forums working on tracklistings for westwood shows etc
djricochet
Dawg

Postby godtua » Sun Jan 17, 2016 9:09 pm

djricochet wrote:

hit me up on..

elshowgun@hotmail.com

Ha ha that is a terrible recording, dunno wot the tracks called but it sounds gud. Sounds like it could be called Treacherous Path from the chorus. Do u know what kiss show u recorded it off? Probably it was supposed to be the follow up release to the EP that was released in '98 or it was a track off a forthcoming album that was never completed or released. If u know whos show it was on it might be possible to get a tracklisting for the show as i know theres guys on forums working on tracklistings for westwood shows etc

Cheers.
All i can remember it came on the kiss 100 rap show, Wednesday..1998 era
i have dig back..
godtua

Postby djricochet » Tue Jan 19, 2016 4:59 pm

godtua wrote:
djricochet wrote:

hit me up on..

elshowgun@hotmail.com

Cheers.
All i can remember it came on the kiss 100 rap show, Wednesday..1998 era
i have dig back..

wud that've been with Max LX and Dave VJ?
djricochet
Dawg

Postby godtua » Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:47 pm

that's correct!!!!!
godtua

Previous

Return to General Chat