ANYONE INTERESTED IN FASHION/HIP HOP

This is where you get down and drop your keystyles and get to crit...

Postby profoundsince85 » Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:58 pm

I am a final year student in Manchester. I just thought I'd stick a couple of questions up and see if anyone is interested enough to respond, it would be good to get a discussion going with various people!
First of all let me define 'urban style'....urban being 'from the street' so this style is the outcome of all that street culture encompasses, it is one aesthetic of 'urban'. A subculture within the urban culture is Hip Hop; a particularly progressive youth subculture.
I am investigating the impact of multiculturalism on British fashion of today focusing on Black British Style. I am evaluating the opinions of those whom immerse themselves within the Hip Hop scene and am attempting to define contemporary black british style. I am not saying that every black british person adopts the Hip Hop fashion, it's just that I need to look at one element in detail so I chose Hip Hop. I am also of course aware that Hip Hop appeals to every ethnicity and I am interested in hearing from everybody and anybody!
profoundsince85

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Emcee Battle board